Carpet And Duct Cleaning In Brooklin And GTA Since 1988
Furnace and Duct Cleaning
Before The Cleaning Begins.
Roto-Whip™ SystemSafe Cleaning
Carpet & Duct Cleaning FAQs
Asbestos was used in buildings from the 1950’s to the 1970’s. If your home was constructed during that time, it is possible that asbestos has been used in insulating or in insulative tape. You can look online for more information about how to identify asbestos in your home if you suspect it may be present.
Prestige Duct Cleaning is committed to the health and safety of our customers and staff. As a part of this commitment, we are undergoing COR certification, which is an intensive, safety focused certification program. In going through this process, asbestos has been identified as a health and safety concern, and we have recently developed a policy to properly manage this concern.
Asbestos must be properly contained and/or disposed of according to government regulations. Our staff and procedures are not qualified asbestos abatement and removal personnel, and therefore cannot do this for you.
Asbestos becomes dangerous when it becomes friable (easily crumbles and releases fibers). Due to the aging of asbestos building materials, there is a high possibility that this could happen when our equipment puts pressure on your heating system. Due to this possibility and for your health and safety, we have a zero tolerance policy for asbestos.
We do not have a referral for an abatement company, but we recommend you search out a reputable, qualified company to assess your home – they will be found under the term “asbestos abatement”. Once the concerned area has been investigated and/or the asbestos removed, go online or call us to schedule your furnace and duct cleaning service. At the time of booking, please email/fax us the official asbestos documentation.
How To Prepare for Your Cleaning Appointment
Before We Arrive:
1) Find Your Vents – Please go through your home thoroughly and provide access to all of your vents – this includes the hot air vents (on the floor), and the cold air vents on the wall. Please check behind and move furniture if necessary to allow access. We will need access to every register in your home including those in bedrooms, bathrooms and closets. At this time you can also do a quick count (don’t forget your basement roof vents) to come up with an estimate of your total vents. Remember that all vents, including hot and cold and those in the basement must be cleaned and vents beyond the 10 in the package are $12.75 each.
2) Preparing Your Space – Please move all lamps, plants and breakables in the immediate vicinity of your vents.
3) Furnace Room – Please ensure that nothing is stored within 4 feet of your furnace and hot water tank. Your furnace must be fully accessible for our cleaning with several feet clear in front- if you are not sure about the accessibility of your furnace, please let us know when we telephone to confirm your appointment.
4) Asbestos – If you suspect that your home’s heating system may have asbestos tape or insulation, please go to the “Asbestos FAQ” to read more and determine if we are able to clean your furnace and ducts.
On the Day of Cleaning:
1) Time – For morning appointments, we will telephone you between 7 and 8 AM to give you your two hour window of arrival between 8 AM and 1 PM. For afternoon appointments, we will telephone you between 10 AM and noon with your two hour window between 11 AM and 6 PM. If you will be away from home on that day and need 30 minutes or an hour notice to return, please let us know when we call to confirm your appointment.
2) Parking – We require legal, paved parking within 30 feet of the entrance of your home.
3) Payment – We accept debit and all major credit cards. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept personal cheques or cash.
Furnace Regular Maintenance
Where your home is located
Homes in dusty areas (near industrial parks, the city dump, farms, and construction) may have more dust and dirt in the air than average, which may mean you need to have your furnace & ducts cleaned more often.
A brand new home
- Your furnace & ducts should be cleaned prior to you moving in. Check with your builder – most will have this done for you.
- If your new home is in a new neighbourhood with a lot of construction, dirt & dust, your system may need to be cleaned again in as soon as a year.
Pets, smoke, allergies
- These things can increase the dust & particles in the air or increase sensitivity to poor air quality.
- If you find that your filter is getting very dirty every month when you check it, even if it’s been less than 2 years, we offer a free inspection to see if your system is in need of a cleaning with any dryer vent cleaning.
Your Furnace Filter
A clogged filter can block airflow and cause costly damage your furnace.
- Check your furnace filter monthly & clean (permanent filters only) or change your filter every 1 to 3 months depending on level of soiling
- Use the correct size of filter, and ensure your furnace filter fits securely – gaps or spaces reduce the filtration of your air and allow your furnace to get dirty more quickly.
- If you have two or more furnaces, confirm you are using the right filter size for each – often homes with multiple furnaces will have a larger and smaller furnace with different filter sizes.
Having trouble finding the correct size of furnace filter for your furnace? We can help with standard and custom sized permanent and disposable filters and pre-filters – contact us.
- Check humidifier for leaks every month when you check your furnace filter
- Clean (permanent pads only) or replace humidifier pads before winter
Your HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator)
- Vacuum, wash & dry HRV filters every two months during heating season
- Clean dust & debris from outside air conditioning unit in the spring, to ensure that function is not compromised
- Cover your outside air conditioning unit in the winter when it’s not being used
Furnace Tune Up
- Get a licensed heating professional to check and ensure that your system is running safely & efficiently every year
- If you have air conditioning, you should make sure that the company you call is licensed to handle air conditioning as well.
- If you have a concern about any gas appliance, including your furnace and hot water tank, ATCO Gas offers safety inspections
What Our Customers Have To Say
Had two professional and kind gentlemen attend at my house to clean my ducts. The air quality seems so much better and my house smells amazing after the disinfectant spray that was used. Highly recommend!
I really like the service. They are very professional. They reached within time frame and complete the process within 1.5 hours. I would definitely recommend this.
Great service, and the staff were knowledgeable and professional, gave some useful tips. I’d use the services again in future.
Excellent service, the guys were very professional. I really appreciated the time they took to fix my dryer vent issue.
The two service technicians were on time and professional. They worked quickly and cleaned up after them selves.
Happy with the service overall. The Gentlemen were courteous, friendly and did a great job. Small issue/suggestion: I noticed there was a lot of dust blow on the furnace room floor, boxes and mudroom that I had to clean up after they left. Wish they had doublechecked and cleaned up the mess created.