Carpet And Duct Cleaning In Cobourg And GTA Since 1988
Carpet Cleaning in Cobourg
What Can You Expect with Prestige Carpet Cleaning?
Furnace & Duct Cleaning in Cobourg
What Can You Expect With Prestige Duct Cleaning?
Revitalize your home with carpet cleaning from Prestige Carpet Cleaning
Help restore and maintain the original beauty of your carpet with award winning professional carpet cleaning by Prestige Carpet Cleaning in Cobourg. Your carpets will be cleaned with the time proven fast drying multi-step Thermo-Rinse™ truck-mounted hot water extraction carpet cleaning system, the carpet cleaning method most recommended by North America’s leading carpet manufacturers.
In addition to our regular, full service cleaning (No extra charges for extra soiling, regular stain treatment or regular furniture moving), we also offer several additional treatments for your carpet:
- Authentic 3M Scotchgard™ Fabric Protector
- Benefect™ Plant based Disinfectant & Fungicide
- BioTreat™ – Pet Stain and Odour treatment
Your Home, Your Family And Your Pets Are Safe With Us.
Experience and Training – The Prestige Carpet Cleaning Advantage.
Before The Cleaning Begins.
Roto-Whip™ SystemSafe Cleaning
Carpet & Duct Cleaning FAQs
Many homeowners make the mistake of assuming their carpet and furniture are clean just because they look clean. What they may not realize is that, over time, even the most spotless looking carpets and upholstery soil quite evenly and lose their original luster and also collect dust and soil below the surface where regular vacuum cleaning may not reach. To increase the useful life of your carpets, most carpet manufacturers recommend you have carpets cleaned every 12-18 months before you may recognize they are dirty.
There can be a large difference between one carpet cleaning method and another. Many carpet cleaning systems are designed to be fast and inexpensive and to give a carpet cleaning company more profit while leaving carpets that just look good on the surface and re-soil rapidly. That’s why some people say “As soon as I cleaned my carpets they got dirty faster than ever before”. The multi-step Thermo-Rinse deep cleaning hot water extraction carpet cleaning method that we use at Prestige Carpet Cleaning is designed to provide the deepest cleaning and leave your freshly cleaned carpets residue free and looking great until the next cleaning, not next month!
Just like every other industry, the carpet cleaning business has many competitors all claiming to offer the best service at a variety of different prices. Prestige Carpet Cleaning has been serving our clients for over 30 years and we’ve developed internal controls and training systems that are time tested and can be trusted. Our staff are long term people that are paid the highest wages in the industry. Our constant training, proven systems and the deep cleaning Thermo-Rinse hot water exctraction carpet cleaning system allow us to operate efficiently enough to pay our technicians the highest wages in the industry while still offering the best carpet cleaning prices to our customers.
Asbestos was used in buildings from the 1950’s to the 1970’s. If your home was constructed during that time, it is possible that asbestos has been used in insulating or in insulative tape. You can look online for more information about how to identify asbestos in your home if you suspect it may be present.
Prestige Duct Cleaning is committed to the health and safety of our customers and staff. As a part of this commitment, we are undergoing COR certification, which is an intensive, safety focused certification program. In going through this process, asbestos has been identified as a health and safety concern, and we have recently developed a policy to properly manage this concern.
Asbestos must be properly contained and/or disposed of according to government regulations. Our staff and procedures are not qualified asbestos abatement and removal personnel, and therefore cannot do this for you.
Asbestos becomes dangerous when it becomes friable (easily crumbles and releases fibers). Due to the aging of asbestos building materials, there is a high possibility that this could happen when our equipment puts pressure on your heating system. Due to this possibility and for your health and safety, we have a zero tolerance policy for asbestos.
We do not have a referral for an abatement company, but we recommend you search out a reputable, qualified company to assess your home – they will be found under the term “asbestos abatement”. Once the concerned area has been investigated and/or the asbestos removed, go online or call us to schedule your furnace and duct cleaning service. At the time of booking, please email/fax us the official asbestos documentation.
How To Prepare for Your Cleaning Appointment
One or two days prior to your appointment, if you have not already confirmed by email we will telephone you to confirm all of your details, including your cleaning address and your order. If you have any questions before then, please feel free to telephone us or contact us.
For Carpet cleaning
Before We Arrive:
1) Pre-Vacuum – Carpets capture a lot of dust, dirt and hair. Much as you would vacuum or sweep a hard floor before mopping or cleaning, it is very important that your carpet is thoroughly pre vacuumed before we clean it. This can make a huge difference in cleaning results!
2) Preparing Your Space – Please move all lamps, plants and breakables before we arrive and make sure that the areas to be cleaned are clear of items on the floor.
3) Furniture – We can move most furniture, including tables, chairs, and sofas. We cannot move beds which are not on rollers, entertainment units, electronics, china hutches or other oversize or fragile furniture. We will do our best to clean around or under anything that we cannot move
4) Pets – We love animals, but unfortunately there are a number of things that can go wrong when it comes to pets and our services.
- The door to your home will be partially open on and off throughout your appointment – we would hate for your pet to escape!
- Our equipment is loud and scary for our furry friends.
- Our hoses, other equipment and cleaning products may present objects of interest for your pet, which could be dangerous for them.
On the Day of Cleaning:
1) Time – If your appointment is scheduled for the morning, you will be called the previous business day with your narrowed down time of arrival, if you have an appointment scheduled for the afternoon, you will get a call between 10 am and 11 am the day of your cleaning with your narrowed down time.
2) Parking – We require legal, paved parking within 50 feet of the entrance of your home.
3) Payment – We accept Debit/Visa/Mastercard.
For Duct cleaning
Before We Arrive:
1) Find Your Vents – Please go through your home thoroughly and provide access to all of your vents – this includes the hot air vents (on the floor), and the cold air vents on the wall. Please check behind and move furniture if necessary to allow access. We will need access to every register in your home including those in bedrooms, bathrooms and closets. At this time you can also do a quick count (don’t forget your basement roof vents) to come up with an estimate of your total vents. Remember that all vents, including hot and cold and those in the basement must be cleaned and vents beyond the 10 in the package are $12.75 each.
2) Preparing Your Space – Please move all lamps, plants and breakables in the immediate vicinity of your vents.
3) Furnace Room – Please ensure that nothing is stored within 4 feet of your furnace and hot water tank. Your furnace must be fully accessible for our cleaning with several feet clear in front- if you are not sure about the accessibility of your furnace, please let us know when we telephone to confirm your appointment.
4) Asbestos – If you suspect that your home’s heating system may have asbestos tape or insulation, please go to the “Asbestos FAQ” to read more and determine if we are able to clean your furnace and ducts.
On the Day of Cleaning:
1) Time – For morning appointments, we will telephone you between 7 and 8 AM to give you your two hour window of arrival between 8 AM and 1 PM. For afternoon appointments, we will telephone you between 10 AM and noon with your two hour window between 11 AM and 6 PM. If you will be away from home on that day and need 30 minutes or an hour notice to return, please let us know when we call to confirm your appointment.
2) Parking – We require legal, paved parking within 30 feet of the entrance of your home.
3) Payment – We accept debit and all major credit cards. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept personal cheques or cash.
Carpet Regular Maintenance
Immediately After Cleaning:
Pay Attention to Drying
Spot & Stains
Treat your carpets with 3M Scotchgard™
Keep up the Cleaning
Carpet manufacturers recommend’s professional cleaning every 12-24 months in order to maintain your warranty and keep your carpets looking great for as long as possible. Cleaning your carpets regularly can prevent premature wear, improve appearance and prolong their life.
Furnace Regular Maintenance
Where your home is located
Homes in dusty areas (near industrial parks, the city dump, farms, and construction) may have more dust and dirt in the air than average, which may mean you need to have your furnace & ducts cleaned more often.
A brand new home
- Your furnace & ducts should be cleaned prior to you moving in. Check with your builder – most will have this done for you.
- If your new home is in a new neighbourhood with a lot of construction, dirt & dust, your system may need to be cleaned again in as soon as a year.
Pets, smoke, allergies
- These things can increase the dust & particles in the air or increase sensitivity to poor air quality.
- If you find that your filter is getting very dirty every month when you check it, even if it’s been less than 2 years, we offer a free inspection to see if your system is in need of a cleaning with any dryer vent cleaning.
Your Furnace Filter
A clogged filter can block airflow and cause costly damage your furnace.
- Check your furnace filter monthly & clean (permanent filters only) or change your filter every 1 to 3 months depending on level of soiling
- Use the correct size of filter, and ensure your furnace filter fits securely – gaps or spaces reduce the filtration of your air and allow your furnace to get dirty more quickly.
- If you have two or more furnaces, confirm you are using the right filter size for each – often homes with multiple furnaces will have a larger and smaller furnace with different filter sizes.
Having trouble finding the correct size of furnace filter for your furnace? We can help with standard and custom sized permanent and disposable filters and pre-filters – contact us.
- Check humidifier for leaks every month when you check your furnace filter
- Clean (permanent pads only) or replace humidifier pads before winter
Your HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator)
- Vacuum, wash & dry HRV filters every two months during heating season
Not sure if you have an HRV? It is a large rectangular metal box in your furnace room. Stale or “old” air passes through, and heat from that air is captured to heat incoming cold, fresh air. It also helps to control condensation. There are filters in your HRV on both the intake and exhaust sides of the system.
- Clean dust & debris from outside air conditioning unit in the spring, to ensure that function is not compromised
- Cover your outside air conditioning unit in the winter when it’s not being used
Furnace Tune Up
- Get a licensed heating professional to check and ensure that your system is running safely & efficiently every year
- If you have air conditioning, you should make sure that the company you call is licensed to handle air conditioning as well.
- If you have a concern about any gas appliance, including your furnace and hot water tank, ATCO Gas offers safety inspections
What Our Customers Have To Say
Had two professional and kind gentlemen attend at my house to clean my ducts. The air quality seems so much better and my house smells amazing after the disinfectant spray that was used. Highly recommend!
I really like the service. They are very professional. They reached within time frame and complete the process within 1.5 hours. I would definitely recommend this.
Great service, and the staff were knowledgeable and professional, gave some useful tips. I’d use the services again in future.
Excellent service, the guys were very professional. I really appreciated the time they took to fix my dryer vent issue.
The two service technicians were on time and professional. They worked quickly and cleaned up after them selves.
Happy with the service overall. The Gentlemen were courteous, friendly and did a great job. Small issue/suggestion: I noticed there was a lot of dust blow on the furnace room floor, boxes and mudroom that I had to clean up after they left. Wish they had doublechecked and cleaned up the mess created.