Eliminating Dust Build-Up for Improved Indoor Air Quality
Why Is It So Dusty In My House?
It is recommended that you have your ducts cleaned every 2-3 years. If you’re noticing more dust in the air than usual and it’s been more than 2-3 years since your last cleaning, it’s time to schedule your cleaning!
Apart from duct cleaning, if you notice that dust is bothering you in your home, there could be a few other things to try.
Approximately 2/3 of dust is created by outside sources and is affected by:
- The time of year, particularly spring and fall or whenever it’s dry and dusty.
- The general level of dust in the air outside and inside your home can be increased by proximity to dusty worksites, dumps, or fields, adjacent construction.
- Plant material, such as pollen
The remaining 1/3 originates internally and is affected by:
- Indoor dust comes primarily from paper and fibers from clothing and other textiles. Actually, only a small portion comes from human skin.
- Even though it’s not precisely dust, pet dander and hair in particular can contribute significantly to airborne particles.
What Can I Do To Improve Home Indoor Air Quality?
- Run your furnace “summer fan” all year long. This will increase airflow and filtration in your home even when the system is not actively heating or cooling.
- *Regularly* inspect and replace the furnace filter (check monthly – replace or clean as needed).
- Vacuum frequently. Carpet and Upholstery are great dust traps, but they also need to be vacuumed and cleaned regularly to keep the air clean.
- Dust hard surfaces regularly. Dust on hard surfaces such as tile or hardwood floors is easily blown into the atmosphere by air currents brought on by opening doors or windows, using fans, or turning on your HVAC system
- Use fans in the bathroom and kitchen to promote airflow and eliminate cooking odors and particulates.
- Every 2-3 years, clean the ducts.
FAQ's For Duct Cleaning
Asbestos was used in buildings from the 1950s to the 1970s. If your home was constructed during that time, it is possible that asbestos has been used in insulating or insulative tape. You can look online for more information about how to identify asbestos in your home if you suspect it may be present.
Asbestos was used in buildings from the 1950’s to the 1970’s. If your home was constructed during that time, it is possible that asbestos has been used in insulating or in insulative tape. You can look online for more information about how to identify asbestos in your home if you suspect it may be present.
Prestige Duct Cleaning is committed to the health and safety of our customers and staff. As a part of this commitment, we are undergoing COR certification, which is an intensive, safety focused certification program. In going through this process, asbestos has been identified as a health and safety concern, and we have recently developed a policy to properly manage this concern.
Asbestos must be properly contained and/or disposed of according to government regulations. Our staff and procedures are not qualified asbestos abatement and removal personnel, and therefore cannot do this for you.
Asbestos becomes dangerous when it becomes friable (easily crumbles and releases fibers). Due to the aging of asbestos building materials, there is a high possibility that this could happen when our equipment puts pressure on your heating system. Due to this possibility and for your health and safety, we have a zero tolerance policy for asbestos.
We do not have a referral for an abatement company, but we recommend you search out a reputable, qualified company to assess your home – they will be found under the term “asbestos abatement”. Once the concerned area has been investigated and/or the asbestos removed, go online or call us to schedule your furnace and duct cleaning service. At the time of booking, please email/fax us the official asbestos documentation.
What Our Customers Have To Say
Had two professional and kind gentlemen attend at my house to clean my ducts. The air quality seems so much better and my house smells amazing after the disinfectant spray that was used. Highly recommend!
I really like the service. They are very professional. They reached within time frame and complete the process within 1.5 hours. I would definitely recommend this.
Great service, and the staff were knowledgeable and professional, gave some useful tips. I’d use the services again in future.
Excellent service, the guys were very professional. I really appreciated the time they took to fix my dryer vent issue.
The two service technicians were on time and professional. They worked quickly and cleaned up after them selves.
Happy with the service overall. The Gentlemen were courteous, friendly and did a great job. Small issue/suggestion: I noticed there was a lot of dust blow on the furnace room floor, boxes and mudroom that I had to clean up after they left. Wish they had doublechecked and cleaned up the mess created.
Get In Touch